Name:
Location: Pinedale, Wyoming, United States

Hey there, It's Lilly, Stoney's oldest. It's been a long time since my dad posted about books he's read, so I thought I'd take over. I am a reader. Not just a little bit, but a whole lot. I love reading. I can sit and read ALL day. It's not crazy for me to read several books a day, especially my favorites. So keep posted and read what I have to say about the written word, you won't be disappointed.

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 04, 2008

O sun, stand still...

12.
On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: "O sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."
13.
So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.
14.
There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the LORD listened to a man. Surely the LORD was fighting for Israel!



I think I love this story! God is something else. So is Joshua. The faith he had. In the midst of battle and all the fear and distraction it brings. And yet, here he is, believing that God can and will stop the sun for him and his men. Now that's faith! I mean, yeah we have faith in God, but I can say that there are plenty of times when I would doubt that the sun would stand still. Not because I feel that God can't, I just feel that God won't... which plants doubt in me. You know the feeling. I am inspired by Joshua. To say with assurance that the sun won't move for a day. Or that mountain will move out of the way. Or the sea will part. Or perhaps the Earth will flood. Or maybe that God himself will come and die for sinners. It takes a lot of faith.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home